- Inside Palacios ISD Newsletter
- Dress and Grooming . . . The district's dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student's personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply. See Dress and Grooming in each individual campus Student Procedures Manual on the District's Web site www.palaciosisd.org .
If the principal determines that a student's grooming or clothing violates the school's dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student will be assigned to in-school suspension for the remainder of the day, until the problem is corrected, or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
Tax Free Weekend (click here for more information)
August 8-10, 2014
This year’s Sales Tax Holiday is Aug. 8 - 10. As in previous years, the law exempts most clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks priced under $100 from sales and use taxes, which could save shoppers about $8 on every $100 they spend. Subject to the criteria, all sales of qualifying items made during the holiday period qualify for the exemption, including items sold online, or by telephone or mail. Lay-away plans can be used again this year to take advantage of the sales tax holiday.
- 2014-2015 District Calendar
- Immunization Requirements
- Immunization Schedule
- Student Drug Testing . . . This year Palacios ISD will conduct random drug testing for all students involved in UIL activities, represent the school district in any way or park on campus. All consent forms for students involved in football, volleyball, cross-country, cheerleading and band are due by August 5th. All others are due by September 4th, Please turn in your completed form into your coach, sponsor, teacher or in either the High School or Junior High office.
- Meet the Teacher Night dates by campus . . .
This year’s ‘Meet the Teacher Night’ will be held August 21, 2014 for Central, East Side and High School. The doors for Central Elementary will be open from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for parents and students to check schedules, bring supplies and meet the teachers and staff.
East Side campus will open their doors from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for parents and students to meet the teachers and staff at East Side also.
New this year will be a “Meet the Teacher Night” for high school students on August 21st. Students and parents will be able to pick up schedules, find classrooms and fill out beginning of school paperwork on this night between 6:00 – 7:00pm.
The Palacios Junior High will begin the year with their “Meet the Teacher Night” on Thursday, September 11th, beginning at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Parents and family members are encouraged to take this opportunity to visit the classrooms and meet the teachers and staff of the JHS.
- School Supply List
Student Breakfast - All Campuses FREE
Central Elementary - $1.75
East Side Intermediate - $2.00
Secondary Campus - $2.25
Reduced - $0.40
Adult breakfast - $1.00
Adult lunch - $3.50