Palacios Independent School District
Complaints Alleging Discrimination
Child Nutrition Program Policy
The following guidelines are to be followed should anyone come forward with a discrimination complaint within the Child Nutrition Program at this Local Education Agency.
● Any person that approaches the Child Nutrition Program staff and claims they have been discriminated against should be encouraged to complete the Discrimination Complaint Form. Any member of the Child Nutrition Program or district personnel can assist with the process. If the person chooses not to complete the form, the staff assisting the person may take the information verbally and complete the form on the behalf of the complainant.
● Any person that would like to file a complaint directly with the Texas Department of Agriculture may do so by completing a complaint form (found at http://www.squaremeals.org/ineedto/fileacomplaint.aspx) and sending to the following address:
Texas Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition
PO Box 12847
Austin, Texas 78711
● The Discrimination Complaint Form, once completed, is forwarded to Dr. Brian Williams, Director of Administrative Services. Dr. Williams can be reached directly at:
Palacios ISD 1209
Palacios, TX 77465
361-972-5491 Extension 1034
● All complaints received are forwarded by the Nutrition Department Director to the Texas Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Division, Compliance Department.
● More information regarding filing complaints about discrimination can be requested from the Director of Food and Services and found on the United States Department of Agriculture’s website: https://www.ascr.usda.gov/filing-program-discrimination-complaint-usda-customer In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.