The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.
Live Chat: www.spedtex.org
- Supplemental Special Education Services English Spanish Available Nov. 1, 2021
- The Legal Framework for Child-Centered Special Education Process
Includes: Notice of Procedural Safeguards (Updated Feb. 2021)
Parent's Guide to the ARD Process (Updated Feb. 2021)
Special Education Rules and Regulations
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide Website
Texas Transition and Employment Guide
Guía de Transición y Empleo de Texas - Español
- Resources on Special Education in Texas
- Delayed or Denied Evaluations & compensatory Services English & Spanish
- Senate Bill 139 Notice to Families Englilsh and Spanish
- Texas Project First - Created by Parents for Parents
- Academics - Graduation Requirements
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training (TSLAT) Free online training modules for educators.
- The Autism Circuit Free online training modules for educators.
- The National Professional Development Center on Autism Spectrum Disorder Free online training about ASD.
- Autism Internet Modules (AIM) Free online training about ASD.
- Autism Speaks Transition Resources Free online resources.
- Institute for Community Inclusion- Supporting Individuals with ASD: Quality Employment Practices
- The Autism Circuit- Pinterest
- The Autism Helper- Free resources and weekly blog to support educators working with individuals diagnosed with ASD.
- Structured Teaching Method -TEACCH
- The Texas Autism Conference
- Texas Project First
- Texas Behavior Support Initiative