Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Eligibility
Priority enrollment will be given to a student if he or she is at least four years of age by September 1 and meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak or comprehend the English language
- Eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United State, including the state military forces or the reserves
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or the reserves, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Is or ever has been in foster care
- The child of a police officer, firefighter or emergency medical responder seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and received the Star of Texas Award
If your child qualifies for eligibility in pre-kindergarten, please visit the Palacios ISD website Parent Portal to enroll: New Enrollment
For more information on these qualifications, contact Central Elementary at 361-972-2911.
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 are eligible for Kindergarten.